The classic chicken soup
I used to make chicken soup using the whole chicken and then cleaning it off the bones, what a lengthy chore.
I stumbled across this recipe on the Dr. Oz show and thought that I should pass it on to everyone for a healthy purpose.
The classic chicken soup will satisfy your hunger any weeknight. Filled with protein and vitamins that bolster the immune system and fight infection, this soup will be your new favorite recipe.
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 12 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped parsley leaves
1. Place all the ingredients, except chopped parsley, in a slow cooker and cook on high for four hours or low for 6-7 hours.
2. Remove chicken and shred with the help of two forks.
3. Return chicken to the soup and top with fresh parsley before serving.
4. Serve with your favorite bread.
Don’t be afraid to add your own touch, I would add some minced garlic for example. Get creative with this healthy Classic Chicken Soup.
Have a wonderful day,